Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

V6 brakes doing well

456 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Andy McS 
#1 ·
I have just come back from a 400 mile round trip to Inverness and my V6 brakes fitted last week are now well bedded in. I am very impressed with the additional braking power, even from very high speeds. I stopping power is phenomenal compared to the old corsa brakes. I know some people complain that V6 brakes feel very spongey on the corsa, but now they are fully bedded in I really haven't noticed a huge problem (they were spongey initially as any new pads/discs are). Pedal travel is slightly increased from before, but the stopping power available after the first "dead" inch of travel more than makes up for this. For anyone else considering the V tuning kit, I highly recommend it. Fitting was easy (cheers big Col:beer: ) and all the components were top quality.

#6 ·
Cheers guys, I bled the brakes again last night just to be sure and got some more air out so the pedal feel was even better today. It has given me a lot more confidence driving the back roads. Just need to sort the suspension next. Hi Kenny, are you back up in Paisley yet. I saw you in total vauxhall this month. The car did alright, but I am sure you will get a much better reading on the RR next time you go with the TBs on.

#7 ·
Yeah mate I sure am :)

I didnt know I was in total vauxhall, I'll need to take a look.

When you get your suspension kit throught give me a call I've got ball joint splitters and spring clamps and all the other tools if you need anything. Oh and a spare pair of hands if you want.

:)

#11 ·
Andy McS said:
Hi kenny,Alan hows it going boys,only my first day off in the last three weeks,so im gonna go out tonight and sort out a few bits on the astra hopefully get it running right tonight and ill need to get busy with the slodering iron.
;)
:cool: good luck any probs gimme a bell

#12 ·
im getting on well,i ve been spending way too long cutting and rerouting wires,now i ve found some tape exactly the same coloutr of the rocker cover,dunno whether to loom it up using the blue tape or not,if your out and a bout at the weekend gimme a shout as ill mostly be working on me cars

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.