Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

V6 info

1K views 34 replies 11 participants last post by  mystery machine 
#1 ·
What are the names of the following V6 engines:

2.5 V6 engine found in Cavs and Callys?
2.5 V6 found in the Vectra?

Also, what do they weigh in Kgs?
And what power and torque at what rpm do they produce?

thanks duuudes!

#27 ·
the standard inlet manifold looks 'interesting'.

I have a mappable chip, so maybe I can improve on the inlet system and map it to suit.

How can you ditch water plumbing :eek: - I guess I will see when I look at an engine up close - know nothing about it at the moment.

#28 ·
I'm not ditching all the water plumbing, just most of it. there's very little needed when you don't have a heater matrix. just:

Rad
engine
header tank

Nice and easy :)

#30 ·
when you strip one, you find that there's pipes going all over the place, and things like the alternator has a cooling fan as there's no airflow near it... not a problem I'm likely to have.

the harder you look, the fuller the bin gets :)

#33 ·
David Dickson said:
As far as I know, the main difference between the C25XE and the X25XE is the inlet system, which only fits under the bonnet in Vectras.
And Mk2 Astra Sxi's.:D

Have now got same springs as Simon and they are much better than others we tried. The car does sit high but thats better than mincing poly bump stops.
Engine does feel much heavier in the front than a standard astra on slow corners being driven hard, lots of sliding of front end.
F20 is good option, gearing is well suited and the box isnt whining yet.
You'll have to spend a fortune to get it to keep up with a turbo Mk2 but reliability shouldnt be a real issue.

Paul.

Ps. Davo u have pm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.