Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

3.0 v6 gen needed?

360 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  chip 
#1 ·
ok need some input there people. lookin forward to the engines rebuild next year but i have a lil niggling problem and need input from the v6 chaps. in the goody bag (list) of bits for the engine is:-

s/s con rods,
lighten and balance the crank,
head work (port polish nd match manifolds)
try and make my own exhaust manifolds,
noz (50bhp kit)
chip (unsure at this time which one)
throttle plate,
mantzel power box,
de-cat.

a few things worry me, :-
1. the gear box, how much power will that lil lot give me? and how much will the auto handle? i heard that the auto is better with more power than the manual?
2. how strong is the crank from the 3.0l will it hack all those mods without going BANG!! :confused:

do i need to budget for a s/s crank do u think or will it manage when it has been balanced????

any gen?

gav.

See less See more
#2 ·
Mmmm, isn't the autobox the same as the autobox in the Chevvy V8's? Or is that just the rear Diff?

Think your current crank will be ok. You're only having 50bhp Nos, so your SS con rods and new rod bolts should see you ok for that lot. It's the nitrous that'll give the engine the extra straign. Everything else is just freeing up airflow.

Get a fully mappable ECU if you get, failing that, get a Dastek Unichip or summot and get it all set up once the mods are in place.

If you're planning on more later then get a better crank. Get it ballanced and reground though.

#4 ·
inspect the crank, if there are no marks and it mic's up okay as the right size then dont regrind it just use new bearings.

seeing as you arent planning on uprating the cam you wont be turning many more revs anyway, so i dont think you will need a different crank.

Chip

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.