Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

GTE check control unit

723 views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  dwarf 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me where the "brain" for the check control light system in the centre of the dash is located?

Mine is doing wierd things, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt then it flashes up different lamps when it feels like it.

Is there anything connected to that that is linked to the ECU or summat that will affect the way the car runs?

Just one of those silly but annoying little niggles that I want to sort.

#6 ·
There are two sets of indicator lights.

One has all the gubbins in the light unit in the dash except the head-lamp unit which is bolted to the back of the glove box. The connector to the dashboard part has on a blue plug.

The other has just lights in the dash with the brains in the headlamp check unit. Again the headlamp unit is behind the glove box. This one has a simple black plug on the dashboard part.

#8 ·
Did the bit on the dash with the lights in it have a blue plug on it? If so then it is likely the unit is heat damaged from being in the dash. They are all damaged like that, you can search for ever trying to find one that is not.

If the wires have a small black plug then the brains are in the bit behind the glove box and only the warning lamps are in the bit on the dash. These are quite rare by comparison but what Vauxhall started fitting when the problems started to arise with the early type. You can still buy the later type from Vauxhall but you need the two parts and the cable that connects them. I hate to imagine what it would cost though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.