Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Ecotek

487 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Mark T 
#1 ·
Ok, i have searched the forum for advice on the 'Ecotek valve', but i have not found a straight answer as to what they do??

so can anyone tell me how they work, what they do and do you get any gains out of them??

ratty

#4 ·
they are a great way to bring down emissions on older cars

So is drilling a hole in the manifold then!

The only cars they will have any real noticable benifits on are carbed engines and only trhen on overrun as manifold vacuum is nearly depleted with the throttle shut thus the main circuit is not pumping in fuel.

#7 ·
ecotek

i have used these on the last four cars i have owned including mazda323f,nissan primera,gsi 2000 cavy,and currently 1994 sri 8v cavy,the tuning in and tight seal is very important and they do make a noticable difference mainly to fuel consumption and slightly smoother running plus a bit more bottom end power,on the gsi cavy i had i reset the fuel comsumption computer and before fitting valve got an average of 24.7 mpg after fitting and tuning i got an average 29.5,on average it usually gace an extra 4-5 mpg on all the cars that i used it on there is agood website with loads of facts figures and independent reviews by several sources located on (www.ecotekplc.com) all the info needed is on this site hope this helps.:D :) :p lmao :beer:

#9 ·
I aquired one purely to answer this question.

There is a full test and writup in the current issue of MIGNews (availalbe to all members). The outcome showed a 3mpg increase. For an average driver, this would pay for itself in about 6 months.

IT DOES WORK.

I wonder if the above people who slate it have acctually tried one?.....

Oh - some high tech engine that are currently being produced have this sytem built in as standard - oh, and F1 engines use the same system too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.