Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

DigiDash Issues Astra MKII GTE

859 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Just-Slater 
#1 ·
Hello all, firstly I am new to Migweb and I apologise if this thread has already been posted ( I have looked and there seems to be nothing recent which has helped me ). I have recently purchased my friends Astra GTE which has been in storage for a few years and I am in the process of blowing the dust off the ole' gal! In the process of sorting out some niggly faults I have been stumped by the Digidash. On startup the dash runs through its startup and although 2 of the bulbs were out on the screen I can still see the rev range doing its thing. The issue is when the engine is running ( c20let with f28 box ) no RPM is being registered. The speedo is working and the instrument panels but everything I have tried doesn't seem to fix the RPM. I have noticed that the bulb ( new ) doesn't work either on the right hand side of the dash ( not sure if it's related at all ). Is there anyway of me rectifying this issue? I have checked that all the wiring is still connected to the plugs at the back of the dash. Could the issue be at the other end of the wiring? If so where would I be looking as like many of these old projects, the loom is a mess!! Many thanks:)

#2 ·
The digi dash uses just 2 bulbs, one each end.

The revs come through on a green wire. I think it comes off the loom near the ECU, behind the kick panel in the drivers footwell. The car is wired for it by a connector above the gearbox possibly, hence the confusion maybe when engine was fitted.
If you could post pics of the wires near the ECU please with the spare wires. Let me guess, no ECU light?

#3 ·
Hi Dan, thanks for your response. I'll get some pictures on here tomorrow so you can take a look. I pulled the bulb out of the management light from the dash today as I'm tired of seeing it! It's got an evo chipset and is easily accessible as it's strapped to the roll cage so a picture shouldn't be a problem. Thanks again

#4 ·
I had the same issue a few years ago with a redtop nova. Turned out (after much head scratching) it was a wire loose/split from the ecu. Could be completely different to your issue but its a probability.

An auto electrician would sort it pretty quick (I know.... Captain obvious)

Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.