Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Corsa with distributor xe/ let, is your rev counter working fine? Let me know!

385 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Gaz-M 
#1 ·
I have a distributor (dizzy) XE in my year 2000 Corsa sport, have it wired up as usual with green wire feeding rev counter, but at idle it floats around 3-4k revs..!? Ive made sure i have 4cyl clocks too.

Surely this set up normally works fine and i have a problem somewhere?

Id like to know if people with dizzy engines have their rev counters working fine and how? Just green wire feed?

Thanks!

#6 ·
Just noticed replies, havent been getting notifications of this thread somehow, i dont think..

Cheers folks.

Green wire runs through loom to coil/distributor end, never actually followed it to its final destination. Where does it actually go?

Clocks in car had rev counter needle snapped, so i got clocks that turned out to be 3 cyl ones, so i stripped both and just used the needle drive from the 3 cylinder as its the board thats different (is even marked '3 zyl').

I havent checked earths to clocks are ok yet.

My coil is damaged where lead goes on and read somewhere that the HT can jump from the coil plug to the small terminals causing dody readings, so ive bought another coil to try when it arrives..

Cheers Jamie, if coil doesnt fix it ill fire down and have a look at yours!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.