Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Big alternator

650 views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  Phil349 
#1 ·
I have a Nova 1.2 with the standard alternator and want to upgrade it to something more power full, what is available to do this from other vauxhalls?

what current rating is my alternator at the moment? anyone know?

cheers

#9 ·
i think the nova 1.2 is less. 45 if i am correct, other models such as sri/gte/gsi/td have the 55amp as they need to power the fuel pump aswell.
adding the 55amp to a 45amp model does help if you have a sub.
if its winter, lights are on, fan is buzzing, stereo on full blast, the 45 really struggles and an extra 10amps makes alot of difference!

#15 ·
Stu_22 said:
corsa 1.2i is 55amp would it not drain some power runing a bigger alternator.
I find engine power is down when music up loud would a larger alternater make any difference

I would think having a bigger alternator would be able to provide a lot more power (current) to drive things, going from a 45A one to 65A is a big jump so you could have your head lights on and stereo loud, etc without any side effects. Is this right?

#20 ·
cool, will look for a cav sri next time i go to the scrappy then. Can you tell from looking at them that they are 100A. Is there an ident label on them?

apart from bushes is there anything else that goes on them? can the bushes but bought from vauxhall?

cheers guys.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.