Corsa c drivers footwell leak please help!!!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Corsa c drivers footwell leak please help!!!

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    '05 Astra 1.6 Club

Smile Corsa c drivers footwell leak please help!!!

Hi

Im not really sure who to speak to with regards to this but my other half's corsa c 54 plate seems to have developed a water leak in the drivers side foot well. i have stripped out all the interior and can see when i run water over the windscreen that the water appears from the area ive circled in the attached link, but further than that... im stumped, i can also tell you that back in oct/nov last year the windscreen was replaced by autoglass..

i would really appreciate any help you kind people could offer.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

2. Remove Advertisements
    MigWeb.co.uk
    Advertisements

Drives
    Most days

Re: Corsa c drivers footwell leak please help!!!

Cannot get the link to work, but I have a crap internet connection!

So your saying the windscreen is leaking?

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    '05 Astra 1.6 Club

no not exactly, I just gave that info incase anyone thought that, as a result of the windscreen being replaced, it could cause the leak that is coming from where I circled in the pic.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    '05 Astra 1.6 Club

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

heres the link again, hope it works this time

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    '05 Astra 1.6 Club

Ive read up about it a little and a lot of people are saying it mightbe the brake plate, how easy would that be to reseal.... would i need to remove much?

Drives
    Most days

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    '05 Astra 1.6 Club

not sure if anyone has tried it but what about using smoke to detect a leak, would that be at all effective?

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    corsa b

i had the same problem on my corsa b just this week not sure if they are built the same but the water leak was the heater box under the scuttle panel. Its a two part box one half sits under the scuttle panel the pollen filter sits in the top of it and the other part is inside the car both parts seal against the bulkhead like a sandwich. The water was running down the windscreen under the scuttle panel then between the two parts of the heater box filling the drivers foot well. This is an easy fix the top half of the heater box is held on with four self tapping screws remove those and the top half will pull out then i pupmed sika flex around both the top and bottom parts of the box and that fixxed the water leak.
    hope this helps

MIGWeb User
    Drives

Ive had the same problem with my 54 plate corsa, to fix it you have to remove the brake servo,wiper motor and wiper arms,washer bottle, and all the steering section from inside the car as well as the brake pedal box, to get access to the plate that holds the servo, once you have done all that clean the plate up and re-seal the plate and that will stop the leak, its a good 2 day job and would proberly cost 400 at a garage, but i charge 300

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    CORSA C Z20LEH

yeah id put money on the pedal plate the actual plate is approx 20quid but the job is defo a days work, you have to rip out EVERTYTHING!!

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    astra 1.8 gsi/2.0xe

i'd say heater matrix pipes and matrix are the first things i'd check mate if no luck than more than likely will be one of the above. how often if the car used? sounds like a mad idea but if you could pull the front carpet up and keep it out the way then cover the floor and bulkhead with somthing like talconpowder or likes of and run an hose pipe over the window and scuttle pannel see if leaves any marks on talc as were its coming from.

MIGWeb User
    Drives

Once you have taken the wiper arms,wipermotor,brake servo,and the steering wheel you can see a better view of where the leak is, undo the bolts that fix the plate to the body and scrape off the old silicone that vauxhall have applied and clean the plate thorougly. reapply new silicone and bolt back in to the car allowing to dry for 24HRS before refitting the parts you have taken off
    hence a 2 day job
    and this will easly cost 400.00 in a garage

+ Reply to Thread