Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

ABS removal help

376 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Mark T 
#1 ·
I am in the middle of a conversion on a mates astra gsi and we want to take off the abs.

He currently has a 2 output master cylinder,

How is it best to plumb this in to all 4 wheels?

The idea we had was to put a t peice in each output and then run in FR RL / FL RR with a restrictor in the line to the rear, but the problem we are having is that we cant find a conntector that enables you to connect to the input side of the restrictor - as they use a much larger thread directly into the non abs master cylinder.

Is there a commonly available 4 output master cylinder that will take restrictors - that has the correct bolt pattern (ie bolts at 2.30 & 7.30)

Or any other ideas with aftermarket stuff

#2 ·
Not sure of exact details but is it worth looing fo a non ABS car and pinching the parts from that. My 1.4 hasn't got ABS I don't know if the master cylinder bore size is the same.
Delphi catalogues list quite a bit of info if you can sneak a look at a motor factors.

Another thing to watch is if the master cylinder has a stepped bore, in which case you can only link both the front brakes and both the rear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.