Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Brake upgrade

624 views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  fastcarmaniac 
#1 ·
im looking to upgrade my corsa breaks. its a td and i have corsa gsi wheels on it. what are the biggest breaks i can fit with these wheels.
id like to get them of another model rather than buy brand new brand name ones. the corsas suposed to be a "cheap" project lol so the likes of cavalier breaks r corsa sport ones?

#13 ·
Will these brakes fit under standard 14" corsa sport wheels?
Sounds like a cheap and good upgrade if they do !
Yes, but you won't notice a massive difference as standard Corsa 1.6 discs are 256mm anyway. My old Nova had Astra 16v discs and calipers and my current one has Corsa Gsi 256mm discs and calipers (Well, Tigra ones but they're the same!). In my opinion the stopping power is about the same, but I prefer the pedal feel with the Corsa calipers.

#14 ·
Some brand name discs and pads will help. I had Mintex on the Cavalier and they were amazing over the standard stuff. I liked them so much I put some on the Vectra as well. I did a bit of testing and could get the ABS cracking off at 70mph. :) Nice!

#16 ·
how good brakes are is all to do with how well they get rid of heat, stopping you from getting brake fade etc.

Grooved disks are also good as they clear the glaze off the pads.

I have used Red-Dot with ferrodo pads which are very good (6 groove) on both Calibra v6 and Astra GSI 16v.

Also put Black Diamond grooved and Predator pads on my Omega MV6 which made alot of difference!

The standard brakes on my Signum 3.2 are very good, have not really hammered yet though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.