Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Handling the Torque steer.

721 views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  astradaryl 
#1 ·
well finaly got there after a few redtops had to upgrade to a let :) i have only had it for two days of driving and done about 60 miles but i am realy worried about loosing control due to the torque steer, nealry killed me twice all ready is there anything i mod to make it not pull me to the side eveytime i put my foot down or is it just somethink you learn how to control?? LOL :)

#14 ·
tracking, new bushes, equal length shafts, LSD. Lots of things you can do to reduce and near enough get rid of your torque steer, but it will get costly real quickly lol. Just hold on to the steering wheel tighter mate :p. punt it when your steering wheel is dead straight and hold the fooker there! if its wrenching it out of your hands mate, hit the gym!
Its part of the fun of big power in small car, and vauxhalls are pretty torque steery from new if they are the nippier models lol. its worse when it happens at 90mph in 3rd lol. just play about and get used to it happening :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.