Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

pas on a corsa

1K views 28 replies 8 participants last post by  leaky196 
#1 ·
just did a search but cant find a definate solution.

just bought a 1.4 96 corsa for the missus but it doesnt have pas..

whats the best way to go about this ...use hydraulic or electronic

any advice guys

#7 ·
Hydraulic is relatively easy.
Get a Saxo/Peugeot power steering pump, plenty on Ebay, or your local scrappy. If you get one from a scrap yard try and get the big grey relay thet feeds it aswell, makes life easier.
You then need a Vauxhall Hydaulic steering rack, then plumb the rack and the pump, and wire the pump up via the relay, only 4 wires.

#13 ·
Ive got a compleate Epas kit forsale with 2.7 turn rack, epas colunm with ECU and key, Adjusterble knob from ebay, clutch peddle and cable. The only thing missing is the black plastic heater pipe that goes behind the dash across to the drivers side blower.

PM me a offer if your interested. I priced it at £200 but try your luck ;) I need it gone.

#14 ·
Removed rack from an XE without touching the engine, bar the plenum. It's pretty easy if you unbolt the brake servo, saying you have to remove the head or even the engine is ridiculous!

The only problem is the pipes try and hook round the wiring loom! Just get a pump and the connecting pipes, and the reservoir. The pump bolts to the engine block in most cases, you might need an extra pulley, these are usually attached to the main pulley via more bolts.

#20 ·
me and swmbo have just been on about pas on my combo then this pops up! lol. never thoight of the saxo style pump. as an aside they seem to have been fitted to a lot of PSA group products so plenty of scrapyard fodder.

i first experienced vauxhalls sadist non-pas corsa when i was an apprentice, i ran a c14se mk3 astra saloon without pas that was lighter. in fact my chevettes were one finger steering! non-pas saxos are just as silly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.