installing turbo timer on z20let?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: installing turbo timer on z20let?

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Mk 4 Gsi Turbo

installing turbo timer on z20let?

need help tryin to install my turbo timer (hks kit + harness ) on to my vauxhall astra gsi mk4 03 plate
    its moistly the wires on the steering coloum i dont wont to cut & join to rong wires
    Astra GSi Turbo 03 Arden Blue - Vxr Turbo,FMIC,Coilovers Anthracite Snowflakes,Scorpion Exhaust,Dump Valve,Irmscher Grill,Samco Hoses,Turbo Timer,HID Lights

2. Remove Advertisements
    MigWeb.co.uk
    Advertisements

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    calibra 16v

Re: installing turbo timer on z20let?

The wires at the ignition switch are

Thick Black Battery +
    Thin red Key in switch
    Black red to starter
    Then you have two smaller Black wires one is ignition 12v while cranking and the other is ignition 12v but 0v while cranking.

You will need to connect the output of the turbo timer to the black ignition wire that stays at 12v on cranking

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Mk 4 Gsi Turbo

theres three thick black wires that stays at 12v & a thick red & a red & black, thin red & thin green
    Astra GSi Turbo 03 Arden Blue - Vxr Turbo,FMIC,Coilovers Anthracite Snowflakes,Scorpion Exhaust,Dump Valve,Irmscher Grill,Samco Hoses,Turbo Timer,HID Lights

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Corsa T, Cally T, 16v GTE

you need a constant live, a switched live and an earth.. thats it.. i didnt bother with the hand break or foot break switch's
    www.facebook.com/ttvracing
    https://www.facebook.com/zxrninjaowners
    ZXR750 M1/M2 www.wix.com/vxlgsi/zxr-750-r

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Mk 4 Gsi Turbo

im tryin to fit this turbo timer at the moment, having problems tho!
    fitted everything, when i pulled the key out it stalled & then was tryin to start itself

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Mk 4 Gsi Turbo

rite im 100% needing some expert help here, its (HKS TYPE 0 KIT & HARNESS) Can some one please take the time an explain all from the start, witch wire goes to witch wire please & what i need to do etc! really want it fitted before my new vxr turbo goes in, was in about it got on well & then hut a bad patch could not stop the from tryin to start when the key was out & the turbo timer was countin down, so would be greafull if some 1 would take the time & have a look on the net at the hks for a gsi n tell mee exaclty witch wires to witch wires & anyfin elsee thanksss

Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Drives

I don't understand the problem... If jack-off is correct, then you just need to match this to the HKS wiring, which is available all over the net. I installed one of these using a multimeter. You can check which wire is powered at various clicks of the key and figure it out from there? If you can't do this, an alarm installer would be your best bet.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Coupe linea rossa

if you fancy a run mate if your really struggling i could give you a hadn i fitted the blitz one on my astra and al went well just need the minimun know how. sure the hks will be abt the same as the blitz harness.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    c20xe & let cav's

i have mine on the clifford alarm.
    happy days

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Mk 4 Gsi Turbo

thanks for the road trip offer but tad far cost me 50pound on petrol & a custom installer place is goin to fit it 25 - 40 pound,

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Mk 4 Gsi Turbo

know installed!

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    mk1 astra and corsa

im glad i found this im fitting one to my mk4 convertible this weekend

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Mk 4 Gsi Turbo

bye the way watch what yer doing because the dude who fitted mines fits alot & says sumtimes it its not done 100% yer emobilser does not work when ye lock yer car or yer central lockin!

+ Reply to Thread