Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

C20XE Earths on a Tigra

360 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Jack O'Neill 
#1 ·
I've got a running problem with my C20XE in a Tigra, just recently i've been getting an intermittent cutting out when the engine is under load. Anything over 2.5K rpm and for a split second the engine will seem to miss completely, the harder the acceleration the more noticeable the cut, it can be quite violent at full throttle. Most of the time the cut is accompanied by a engine management light. I've changed the ECU, the distributor, the cap and arm, the coil and module, the fuel pump relay, the air flow meter, the crank sensor and have completely rewired the crank sensor with new shielded cable. I have read the fault codes and i'm not getting any.

The other odd thing it does, is the rev counter goes crazy, usually bouncing between 3-4K. When you come off the throttle and the engine drops back down to idle it often goes all the way round to 6K then dropping back to 900rpm. I've read a lot of post on here about checking the earths with these kind of problems but nothing conclusive. I have earth straps from the cylinder head to body, gearbox to body, alternator to body. The loom seems to have two earths which are attached to the throttle bracket on the inlet. Am I missing any earths somewhere?

:doh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.