Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

performance tips

2K views 61 replies 17 participants last post by  Gordo 
#1 ·
hello :) i haved decided im goin to save up around 5 months worth of wages taking of lining costs :) and then i should have about 4 grand so basicly wot would you do performance wise ? bare in mind im keeping my 1.6 i have oready asked i gy about some boddies on here so fire some advice at me please

what id like to do is

head word
cams
lighten cranck , engine ballance
maybe change to boddies
ecu

i dont realy fancy goin turbo yet is there any good idea's i have not mentioned

#60 ·
Hey, now there's an idea ;)
Nah, just that down here it's a pain to deal with some places and I've always found the SBD guys to be very helpful, friendly and offer a decent product - bit pricey sometimes but worth it, I reckon. That they've a darn good web site that has all their products, advice and a downloadable price list is a bonus.
Got friends who've also dealt with QED and they've found them to also be a good company to deal with.

I've looked at a number of the other Vauxhall dealers sites but found them rather restricted in information and navigation.

#57 ·
i wish i was lol i would getlots of moneys :) lol and well i called them n asked the about the x16 tb kits an they basicly sair its not deseignt to fit in a corsa engine bay so basicly for nupty who steal the engine for kit cars i found it quite welsh indeed

#59 ·
madman, a word of advice fella, if Jamied tells you 4k isnt enough to hit 200BHP, then it ISNT ENOUGH TO HIT 200BHP! the guy does this for a living, if he gives you advice, take it mate! he knows his stuff!

secondly, in the first 2 pages of this thread you were downright rude to the people YOU asked for advice! the reason your asking for advice (im presuming here) is because you dont know, so why, when people who DO know what they are talking about give you advice, do you feel you are justified to be sarcastic/disrespectful to them??
there are plenty of very knowledgable people on this site who will have all the advice you'll need mate, but if you keep being as arrogant as you have been in your threads/posts recently, i think you'll find that people will quickly tire of you, and it will be you who loses out my man, on a mountain of info and advice.

right, thats my little rant over with! lmao

TNG 21 has a very valid point, if you put a heavily modified n/a 1.6 against a heavily modified XE, guess which one wins?! lol
the basics rules are the same no matter what engine/car/bhp your running, if it doesnt corner/brake well, your extra power will mean sod all on a track/twistie!
On the 1.6 you'd need 4k + on the engine mods alone, PLUS suspension brakes etc etc.
or get an xe with min 150BHP sort your suspension/brakes etc and use the 2k left over on modding the xe!

if you decide to stick with the 1.6 then expect to be paying out very silly money for the magical 200BHP your aiming for. 200BHP isnt cheap to get to in an xe, let alone a 1.6!

fair play to you for wanting to be original, but just take in whats being said to you on this thread mate, its bloody good advice!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.