Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

performance enhancement x16

1K views 51 replies 11 participants last post by  CraigGreen 
#1 ·
he there my lovely corsa has the x16xe and i had both manifolds done allready and a cat back and filter but standerd managemet ( soon to be remaped )

does anyon have any idea's for a good gain for both bhp and torque as im a the point where thers no more easy power gains from bolt ons

please help me with idea's for her

#7 ·
well a corsa gsi has 106bhp standard so i'd say you were running maybe 110 - 115 with your 4 branch and dblias inlet box

rodgerq

#9 ·
get it on the rollers then mate. give you a idea of what you have to work with. i wuldnt say you'd reached a limit with bolt on parts though. cams are a bolt on part, throttle bodies are a bolt on part aswell, although their is the issue of managment with them.

rodgerq

#30 ·
the inlets will add aprox 20-25bhp when used with the correct chip. on std fueling the inlet will add around 15-20hp if a good design (dbillas)

most x16xe's ive seen have bounced off the limiter at 6500rpm. where as c16xe's have shown 6800rpm.

best bet would be some head work next and a pair of fast road cams. after this you'd be wanting a remap.

you could maybe try an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to help get the fueling a bit closer for the time being.

with some headwork and cams set-up and mapped correctly you may be able to get close to 150hp

one of the main things with thee inlets is they do not like open induction kits. you want a filter along the lines of a pipercross viper/BMC CDA something enclosed with a proper cold air feed.

#32 ·
if your going to aventualy get pocketed pistons then there is no point getting cams first.

its either get cams to fit std pockets soon and not bother with pocketed pistons at all or wait till you have pocketed pistons and then get some proper cams which are abit more aggressive.

a full bottom end lighten and balance is advisable on any spec really so defo worth doing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.