Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

performance enhancement x16

1K views 51 replies 11 participants last post by  CraigGreen 
#1 ·
he there my lovely corsa has the x16xe and i had both manifolds done allready and a cat back and filter but standerd managemet ( soon to be remaped )

does anyon have any idea's for a good gain for both bhp and torque as im a the point where thers no more easy power gains from bolt ons

please help me with idea's for her

#41 ·
going to be building a mild c16xe for a friend. using std pistons (pocketed by sbd) and arps for the bottom end, were going to be aiming for 170hp (a max of 7500rpm) to hopefully keep a little bit of reliability.

rev limits defo 6500rpm-6800rpm depending on ecu. ive tried many different chips on the x16xe (from x14xe/x16xe/x16xel) and c16xe management. between a few of them the limiter is definitely different.

#44 ·
how can the rev limit possibly have changed? it is not in any way dependant on the engine components fitted, it is governed and controlled by the ecu, if that is stock, so is the rev limit, full stop

#49 ·
Hahaha, for the most part I agree - however, if it can't reach the limiter in top gear it may rev' higher (go faster) - still limited to the limiter, of course.

From some of the horror stories I hear about some dealer mechanics, I have little doubt one did actually say that.

#48 ·
apparently notlmao in the olden days, when you had no rev limiter apart form the centrifugal weights in the distributor, then you could fit a freer flowing inlet and the engine would rev higher, but with an electronic rev limiter, it just does not work that way, at all, ever

#50 ·
just wanted to back lee up. no way in hell can you change the limiter by playing with stuff on the engine, only the ecu controls the limiter. What your friend might of been saying is it will rev faster but its does not rev higher.
their is soo many dodge mechanics these days as i've worked in a few work shops, i now don't trust anyone untill i see their work or them working.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.