Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

nova ultimate suspension?

739 views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  turbo gav 
#1 ·
what is the ultimate suspension setup for a nova for road and track?
i have already
eibach coilovers front
anti rollbar
eibach shocks rear
rollbar
fully pollybushed
front and rear strutbrace,s
i just feel there is better to be had can anybody advise ? :)

#2 ·
so what is it not doing that you want it to?
is it bouncy?
to hard?
take the front anti roll bar off they are crap!
should be a good set up you got there mate but not sure quite what your after?

#3 ·
Yup better steups by a mile, depends on budget but,
Proper coilovers with remote canister shocks and 3way adjustment i.e Proflex
Remove the excuse for an ARB
get tha suspension angles and spring rates setup correctly 4deg pos castor 1.5mm neg camber 1-2mm toe out
remove as much unsprung weight as possible
Run good tyres on smaller lightweght wheels
All this should give you an 'ultimate' setup

#6 ·
lightweight 15s and 45 profile tyres, lighter brakes (alloy 4 pots prolly best) and then as said get it all set up properly.

A quick rack may be a worthwhile investment too

#7 ·
Quick rack.
Rose jointed bottom arms
15" alloys
Rose jointed tie bars brkts with lowered geometry (castor brackets)
6 point weld in Roll cage
Limited slip Differential

That would be on my ultimate list of mods.

I dont think remote reservoir coil overs are necessary for road use. Big piston Bilsteins with decent springs or quality coilovers. You can use slim washers behind stub axles to play with rear camber & toe etc.

My fave mods are Grp A chassis plates, rosejointed bottom arms & my strutbrace.

#10 ·
I say make your own mind up on the ARB. I wouldnt take the word from some forum monkeys wether to take it off, but would happily investigate & perform my own analysis on my local roundabouts etc with my car spec. Then decide. Cost free mod though!

#13 ·
Rose jointing is very expensive and can lead to heavy maintainance as the rj's wear but yes they are 'ultimate' as are remote canister shocks as they allow better handling once setup and will keep the shock oil cool. quick racks are excellent . The GrpA plateing kit again is good and stich welding will add to chassis rigidity. but as i mentioned , low weight especially unsprung is key to turn in. lightweight alloy calipers, alloy bells on disks, lightweight wheels. This helps the wheel and tyre change direction quickly.
The ARB on a Nova /Corsa is a nonsense , yes it reduces body roll but even on smooth tar it can hinder getting the full weight onto the loaded tyre and if you use the correct spring rates body roll is minimal. Having said that alot of handling is down to personal preferance.

#18 ·
Ive tried my Nova with and without the ARB on while on a track day. With the ARB on, it would lift the inside wheel on low speed corners and then lose traction coming out of the corners. By removing the ARB this stopped the wheel from lifting and really improved the traction. Also i noticed when I removed the ARB that it made the car oversteer more on lift off, this for me really suits my drive style and made the car turn in better, but I'm sure this would not suit everybody.

Forum Monkey lmao

#19 ·
forum monkey i noticed this toolmao
thats exactly the same as mine did ...... the arb soon came off. fwd with oversteer what mental fun....
its an easy test if you have no diff find a roundabout try with and without arb , you wont put it back on imo:nod:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.