Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

URGENT HELP REQUIRED - MR2 Electric Window

701 views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Grim Reaper 
#1 ·
I know this is a vaux forum but im hoping someone can help as i need this sorting.

My sister forced the passenger window down this morning while it was frozen, now it wont go up. And to make it worse she put it all the way down. Ive tryed getting some needle nosed pliers in there but with no luck - im concerned that ill break the window so i darnt squeeze to hard.
Drivers side works fine.

Ive read a good few posts and noticed one where he was talking about "checking 3 fuses". As far as i can see theres only one fuse for both windows - is this correct?

Or has the motor burnt out?

Any input really appreciated as i need to get it up before tonight

#3 ·
lmao

Ended up going to a garage as it was starting to get on abit and even he had a hard job getting it apart. Ended up spending nearly an hour just getting to the motor lmao

Anyway the windows up now. It works fine going down but wont go up by the switch. Directly connected to a battery it works both ways so it must be a switch. Even he thought it was the motor so i dont feel too :eek:

#5 ·
Aye i know. The mr2 forums are a waste of time though, no-one answers your questions etc. So as it was getting on and i have no garage to put the car it it had to be done. Like i said, he took the whole door apart before testing the motor as it seemed to be either burned out or atleast jammed.

Working on my 2 is an absolute joke compared to every other car ive worked on. My cally was like a toy car in comparison!

#7 ·
Well after reading every post on the 2 most popular MR2 forums i dont feel so daft. The main culprit for elecy window problems is the window lock switch (child lock) :rolleyes: And i thought i was daft sometimes.

I am yet to find a satisfactory answer to my question, only loads of people having the same problem but not posting their solution - whats the fecking point in a forum then if its just full of unanswered questions? :mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.