Anti roll bar drop link replacement
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anti roll bar drop link replacement

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Astra MK3 1.6 e

Anti roll bar drop link replacement

Hi all,

Had a grinding noise when going round corners one way, finally found what it was on the opposite side to where I thought it would be (hours wasted on the wrong wheel :-P). Basically the anti roll bar drop link has sheared off from the wishbone on the passenger side.

My question is (as the haynes manual only talks about the links once the whole subframe is off) can you put a new droplink on the end of the anti roll bar with everything in situe, or will it be too difficult to get a spanner in?

Car is a 96 P astra estate LS. Also, if anyone has EPC or other means, could anyone tell me the part number for a new droplink for the front passenger side?

Thanks all

Martin

2. Remove Advertisements
    MigWeb.co.uk
    Advertisements

tab
    MIGWeb User
    Drives
    astra td saloon
    mine did exactly the same, snapped link grinding on the drive shaft when i went round corners(also sounded like it was the opposite side) very easy to do, 1 nut on the joint and 2 nuts underneath the arm where it goes through. about 14 from vauxhall and took me half hour to do.
    mk3 astra sport estate 1.8 16v

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Astra MK3 1.6 e
    That's great, thanks Tab

Anyone know the part number? It's the balljoint type, prob same as the vectra B

Cheers

Martin

+ Reply to Thread