Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

After a little advice/opinion please?

327 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  SKAMAN 
#1 · (Edited)
After a little advice/opinion please? (carlton gsi3000)

I drive a Vauxhall Carlton Gsi 3000 24v and have been having a few probs with it that I can't seem to fix/find out whats causing them,

since i bought the car it has never seemed like it is running right , it just doesnt seem to have the power there and struggles on hard acceleration, I went to a few garages and they said that it seems to be running O.K which i know it's not!!

A couple of days ago i went to get her rolling roaded so I can prove that she isn't running right and i have been informed that the Carlton should be approx 204bhp as standard

the results of the R/R were 149bhp - 115bhp at the wheels max power at 3800rpm and 282Nm of torque

i aint to clued up when it comes to engines but the dual ram system on the car should kick in at 4000rpm and give an extra kick when accelerating however mine does not, in fact it struggles more after 4000rpm than it does before!! i have checked under the toop plate on the dual ram system and at 4000rpm the valve opens but there is no difference in acceleration at all!!

i have changed the following over the last few months but to no avail

spark plugs
HT leads
air filter including sensor
lambda sensor
fuel pump

can anybody offer me any advice or even a good place to go to get it looked at as most garages don't seem to have a clue about the car yet alone the problem!!

cheers
project carlton

See less See more
#4 ·
Paul said:
MIG not the place to ask?
Must be the biggest Vauxhall site I know!

How many miles has the engine done?
Did the RR operater make any comments? Fueling etc?

Paul
it has done just over 150,000 miles however i have been told that it is not unusual for a carlton to do many many more than that without major problems, the R/R operator said it was my timing, which put me off a little as i have been told that it definatly will not be the timing, apparently this isn't adjustable??? due to the engine using a chain and not a belt e.t.c??

#5 ·
quote"MIG not the place to ask?
Must be the biggest Vauxhall site I know!"

It is, but through experience I have not found this site to be as useful regarding Carltons Senators etc as it is particularly rare vauxhall here.

hence the link!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.