Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

vectra gsi owners

374 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Guinnesstain 
#1 ·
got my gsi motor in the estate and its quick but i have to rev it to bout 4k before it starts to perform, its also long as **** geared so to get it to 4k i have to be on a good straight road.

is this normal?

theres a really bad flat spot about 2-3k aswell. :confused: :confused:

apart from that its sweet as a nut, runs quiet as a mouse, came from a full history 2.5 gsi on an s plate with 72,000 mile on the clock, had a full service at 70,000

msd number 287 i think, so its the 192 brake model

#2 ·
None of them actually made 192bhp (except the MSD fettled demo car which had piper cams and a remap). The stutter at just under 3k is perfectly normal, its the butterflies in the inlet tract opening up. Its something to do with moving the peak torque around the rev range IIRC The 2.6 I had was the same but it was much better after an ECU update, but from what I can gather the 2.5's were worse for it anyway.

Although still long geared the F23 in the late 2.6's is a better box then the one in the 2.5's.

They are a great lazy drive though, look at lightening the flywheel, its sposed to make a huuuuuge difference to the 'reviness' of the engine.

I kept mine standard and still oved it to bits

:beer:

#3 ·
I have heard something (and seen) the air intakes for the vectra. the hose from the air box splits into 2 then 1 of them splits into 2 as well. 2 of these 3 intakes is blocked off and only 1 is open for air.

I have heard if you cut the other 2 ends off then it will help remove the flat spot. I haven't had the balls to do it yet but i know someone who has. When I find out from him if it worked i will let you know.

Does anyone else know of this or if it is good?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.