Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Emission Control

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  grahalex 
#1 ·
I took my Astra 1.6 for a run today , after about 30 miles the Emission Control warning light came, and stayed, on.The car has done 55000 miles, it has a 51 plate.What could be the problem with it ? :(

#3 ·
grahalex said:
Forgot to mention that I put some Slick 50 Fuel System Treatment in the tank a couple of weeks ago. Do you think this could have anything to do with it ?
Ooops, someones just seen their catalytic converter off! :( :(

That`s gonna cost you lots!! I wouldn`t even like to guestimate!

#4 ·
I had it on a diagnostic today , came up with code p0400, egr valve fault.Gave it a clean , was very sooty in there ,cleared the fault and now its not showing.Have been told some Astra's had new egr valves fitted under warranty , but if mine isn't in that batch will have to pay myself.

#9 ·
Vauxhall have been replacing these valves for free , if your car is eligable.Has to be under a certain chassis number and the valve has to be under a certain number , don't know what the cut off point is.Apparently it is a common fault. I am going to wait and see if warning light comes on again and then take it to dealers for relacement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.