Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

calling all cav/cally electrician experts.

482 views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  TurboCavGSI 
#1 ·
got a major problem with my 8v calibra.

the car starts fine but after its started the starter motor carries on turning over and carries on even if you turn the ign all the way off or pull the black/red wire outof the rear of the barrell. the only time the starter motor stops is when you disconnect the battery.

its like its getting a 12v feed further down the wire when the car is started i have tried using a relay and a switch with no success.

all i have done is fitted an alarm which is hooked in at the back of the fusebox

is there anyone knows the starter system really well who has any ideas of what it may be.

#9 ·
What i found when i fitted my alarm was that some wires did change halfway down the loom,where Vauxhall would tee off somewhere else in a different colour.Without being there to see your problem its hard to tell what it could be.I had the same problem on my SRI but i had just changed the starter motor and what had happened was when i tightened the main power up it moved around with the nut and made contact with the cranking wire and kept turning itself over.Because you have not touched anything to do with the starter the only thing i can suggest is to completely disconnect the alarm on the power side.

#14 ·
ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D

turns out when i had the fusebox out i had made the starter wire touch another switched live and when the car started it was keeping power to the solinoid :rolleyes:

all sorted now and running fine :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.