Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

What Brake discs ??

381 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  artfulmatt 
#1 ·
I dunno what discs to go for ??

At the moment I have bremsport discs which are now warped and thats using standard pads ??

I have thought about tar-ox, Red dot and others but they are loads of money and from previous experience are not much better than standard discs !?

So am I better off buying the standard discs and maybe giving them to a mate and get them grooved or just leave them as they are ??

For the price I rather do the later me thinks !! lmao

#5 ·
Rob@RSC said:
slightly controverial perhaps but i have never had a problem with black diamond disks even on the higher powered stuff
the front pair is 130 posted for the combis, if you want just grooved they are 120...more than vaux ones tho eh
Well if you buy the front discs from vaux they want £160 or something around that - if you buy discs and pads thay only want £60 (with vxlscc discount is even cheaper)

I have a mate who is a cnc machinist who is gonna re-furb my bremsport discs and another mate who's gonna groove the standard discs for me !!

So I'm better off just spending as little as poss as I'm gonna have 2 sets of everything as I've just put on some new pads !! :rolleyes:

#6 ·
Ive always found pukka GM (dealer) discs to be of a really good quality. The pads used will have an effect on them warping Ive found.
GM pads have a poor heat resistance & fade terribly, produce enormous amounts of greasy dust & cook the discs.

In your situation I'd source some GM discs cheaply, get them cross drilled by your mate & run in a new set of Mintex 1144 pads. (the danglies) IMO for fast rd usage.

#7 ·
CraigGreen said:
Ive always found pukka GM (dealer) discs to be of a really good quality. The pads used will have an effect on them warping Ive found.
GM pads have a poor heat resistance & fade terribly, produce enormous amounts of greasy dust & cook the discs.

In your situation I'd source some GM discs cheaply, get them cross drilled by your mate & run in a new set of Mintex 1144 pads. (the danglies) IMO for fast rd usage.
Grooved you mean !! lmao !!

Cool I might try that - but then I'll have 3 sets of pads :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.