Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Nos

970 views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  sp00nman 
#1 ·
I'm after a NOS kit for my MK3 GSI (C20XE)
Preferably a do it yourself kit with a 50bhp jet.
Is it just a case of fit the kit and your done or do you have to adjust anything else?
Anyone know of any decent DIY kits?
Any idea of a price I should expect to pay?

#2 ·
Nitrous is cheating, it blows your engine up, your fall will floor out, and it blows the welds on your intake.

There, that should save 99% of people posting now.

50bhp on an XE will be fine, providing your leads and plugs are in good order you wont need to change anything.

Wizards of nos kit is the one i would recomend, but im not going to get into arguments on here as to why, just do a search as its all been explained before by all the people on the forum who have had good results with nitrous on a vauxhall (as we all use the same kit for the same reasons)
Cost = about 600 retail, or talk to me or TFS about group buy prices if you arent in a rush as we can get discount (about 20-25% normally)

#5 ·
I take it that includes a full kit?
Not bothered about what else it will do to the car cause its starting to get a bit tatty anyway. Won't get much for it if I got rid of it so I'm going to run it into the ground.
Engine still runs perfect so just want a nice big kick to use when I fancy it.

Thanks for the info....
Oh and are these kits easily transferably for when I change cars?

#7 ·
it depends on your original bhp. you can add up to half the bhp without any engine mods i.e if you have originally 200bhp then u can add 100 in a shot.. and as far as blowing intake welds thats because clowns fire a 100 shot into a 90 bhp engine and blow it.

go for it mate you wont regret it.

i have a v6 and put it on that. i had 180bhp and when i fired an 80 shot into it i was running at about 260 bhp. and i didnt blow any welds noe did any of my mates for that matter.

#8 ·
Lots of diffeent kits you can have, each have their own advantages. From my dealings with nitrous, its not necessarily the most advanced kit that is the best to buy, but the one with the easiest available parts and support. Thats what I found by getting a weird mix of components from a cowboy!

You could do it yourself with the standard kit, but I wouldnt say its a good idea unless you know what you are doing. Its best to get it done with someone who has a knowledge of nitrous, and has spare jets and stuff (different engines will need different sizes of nitrous/fuel jets to make it work optimally)

With an XE you can safely have 50 without a controller. 75 with a controller if you are setting it up yourself, or 100 if you are getting it setup with someone that knows what they are doing. If you do things correctly, you wont damage your engine (but, like with any performance mod it will increase the wear)

You might want to run colder plugs. And not Denso ones if i remember correctly!

PM T.F.S he can supply you a kit and setup for a pretty good price, and hes a good chap :)

#9 ·
denzilv6 said:
it depends on your original bhp. you can add up to half the bhp without any engine mods i.e if you have originally 200bhp then u can add 100 in a shot.. and as far as blowing intake welds thats because clowns fire a 100 shot into a 90 bhp engine and blow it.

i have a v6 and put it on that. i had 180bhp and when i fired an 80 shot into it i was running at about 260 bhp. and i didnt blow any welds noe did any of my mates for that matter.

OMG, i think that is possibly the most stupid reply ive ever read on a nitrous thread.

And trust me on this forum there are a LOT of contenders for that title.

#10 ·
denzilv6 said:

lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao

I didn't blow any welds !!

I guess his floor didn't fall out either !! lmao

Now it is clear why there are so many misconceptions on nitrous usage!! :(

#13 ·
chip said:
I love the bit about being able to add 50% of the power, thats a classic bit of "knowledge"
So according to him if I owned for example a Evo VIII FQ400 I could add 200bhp of nitrous without any mods and be safe !! :mad:

Oh and have a trip to my local mitsi garage to have the keys taken away and never allowed one again !! lmao

#15 ·
A standard XE will take in excess of 100bhp of nitrous with a wizards of nos progressive kit with no mods other than a set of denso iridium plugs (or equivalent).

Ive been putting WELL in excess of 100bhp into mine and had utterly no problems at all during 18 months of use, and ive got a through a couple of full 6 foot tall by 1 foot diameter refills bottles in that time all through that engine.

Lee, best bet is to ask on the noswizard forum about refillers in your area mate.

#17 ·
Ive never heard of anyone lightening a crank on an XE to any great extent, normally its just a bit of balancing.

When you suddenly have 300lbft of torque, a little bit of extra weight doesnt really make any difference, but it wont do any harm to use a lighter flywheel (providing its a safe one and doesnt kill your passenger!)

#19 ·
The only kit i would recomend is a wizards of nos kit, all the american makes (nx, zex, nos etc) arent suitable for an XE in my opinion.

You are looking at about a grand retail for a progressive wizards of nos kit, or chat to TFS about joining his group buy.

Cant see the point on saving a few hundred getting a cheaper kit that will just cost you more in the long run anyway.
(in wasted gas, rebuilding solenoids and possible engine repairs)

Nitrous isnt really something to mess around with if you care about your engine, either do it right or dont do it at all is my advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.