Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

CO potentiometer

566 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  SteveM 
#1 ·
hello, need some help please :D :beer:

i recently fitted an exhaust system, which meant ditching the 02 sensor on my 8v. management light came on predictably, with 02 fault. i then earthed pin 20 on the ecu to tell it that the 02 sensor was gone, but the light stayed on. i flashed the code out, and got....

65 Carbon Monoxide (CO) potentiometer Low voltage

so i looked at the afm, which wasn't adjustable. ahaaaa i thought, swapped the afm for an older one with the adjuster screw and opening top etc, but still this code remains! i know the afm is ok because it came off a working car. so why do i still have the code ?

any ideas ??

Steve :beer:

#5 ·
ok, draggin this back up now i've got round to it :D

the car with the removed 02 sensor only has 4 pins on the plug for the afm, where as the pre cat one has 5!

so......

does anyone have a pin out list for the afm connection so i can give it what it wants ?

i know the haynes manual has diagrams, but i swear you need a masters to understand them :rolleyes:

Steve :beer: :beer:

#8 ·
Hmmm still think your doing it the long way round so to speak.

Im only thinking allowed here but how come your looking at altering the AFM when you have a lambda fault?Are you under the understanding they are connected somehow? (i dont know the answer hence why i ask)

I will have a look at the wiring diagram see if i can work it out.

#9 ·
i dont need to alter it. the only problem is that the loom on the car is wired for a lambda sensor, so has a wire less on the afm plug, to one without a lambda. which i assume is due to it not needing a CO potentiometer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.