Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

broken speedo cable and management light?

464 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  gazo 
#1 ·
help!!!
on my mkIII astra (1.6 spi '98) the speedo cable has broke at the speedo drive and seemingly left a bit in it, thats bad enough but my engine management light comes on after about 3 mins driving and when i pull up at lights or junctions the car stalls, there is no electric cables near the cable nor can i see any sensors to warn me of that particular problem. the management light only came on once the speedo stopped working.
any ideas anyone

#4 ·
as simple as that, i didnt think that car would have that speed signal as its mechanical speedo rather than electrical, im replacing the cable on sat so hopefully that will be the end of that, btw it doesn't always stall
cheers for that lads

#5 ·
On the back of the mechanical speedo is a little black T shaped box with 3 connections - this is what generates the speed pulse on the MK3 astras.

#6 ·
Dom said:
On the back of the mechanical speedo is a little black T shaped box with 3 connections - this is what generates the speed pulse on the MK3 astras.

'98 will have the integrated speed sender, like the '95 one I chopped up to post pics of ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.