Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

m tech hubs

636 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  wul3er 
#1 ·
i recently bought an M TECH fitting kit to fit a 2.0 let to my corsa, but i have lost the fitting instructions. ive came to fitting the hubs and there is a spacer ring, what i need to know is if i put the spacer ring on the hub then press the hub into the bearing, or do i fit the hub to the bearing then put the spacer ring on to the cv joint.
:confused:

#3 ·
Sorry I don't know the straight answer to this, but when I had my calibra hubs machined to fit my nova I had to take metal away from the wheel side face of the hub to allow the brake caliper to line up over the disk. I can only imagine if you fit a spacer behind the hub it will move it this face further out...the opposite of what you need. Can you measure the back of the hub to see if it fouls on the hub carrier when its pushed home.. it might be to avoid that. It might be an option to bring the wheel face back to standard position if you ever needed to....

#4 ·
Alrite, i'm kinda in the process of sorting out my 5 stud Cally hubs for my Nova, never heard of needing a spacer ? surely if you machine the big CV hubs to match the origional Nova / Corsa hubs you shouldn't need a spacer ?
Whats it for ? where does it fit ? whats the sizes of it (so i can get some machined up if i need them ;) ) ?
Any pics ?

Cheers, Rich

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.