Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

interior roof rattle

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Guinnesstain 
#1 ·
I have a Vectra GSi Vreg, and the roof seems to rattle everytime i go over small bumps etc. its as if there is a sheet of metal loose between the interior roof trim and the outer skin.

does anyone know if this is a common problem and whats the easiest/best way to fix it. its really quite annoying.

i was wondering if there was a way i could get it all apart and put some foam in there or secure it somehow.

#5 ·
Have you got a sunroof?
If you have,does it do it with the blind in both positions,open and closed?
On one of my old novas the sunroof used to rattle when the blind was closed,i never found what it was but cured it by taking the roof lining down and just checking all the securing bolts and clips etc,never actually found anything amiss but it cured the rattle?
Could be the aerial wire like you say,novas with leccy windows and central locking have a rattle due to the wire rattling against the door frame,wrapping it in spnge cures that one,maybe sinilar on a vectra,can you look in a haynes manual to see what is behind the roof lining before you pull it down to see if there is anything obvious that it may be?
Dave

#6 ·
its the roof beem. i had to do one on a normal veccy not long ago. the 2 beems are tacked to the roof skin and i bet its come apart. what we did is put a screw driver in to pull the beam downa alittle then run some silicon between the roof and beam on both of them. put quite abit for silcon for good results. cured it a treat :beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.