Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

AFR Gauge

598 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  WeeKenny 
#1 ·
hi ya guys just a quick question.i just got an AFR guage for me cally t and when its under load it reads to the very top of the optimal range,then goes right down to the bottom of the lean range,keeps doing this all the time its being driven,so should it be doing this?what kind of readings are you guys getting?cheers

#5 ·
On full load (over 2k rpm and foot to the floor) does it still bounce back and forth? If so then the ECU is stuck in closed loop for some reason, may a TPS error or the MAP sensor not seeing the boost pressure.

I would avoid boosting the car until you know that it is running rich(ish) under boost

#8 ·
It will blow the head gasket soon if that reading is correct.

Under accelaration on boost you want to be running about 12:1, the full extent of richness on a narrowband gauge is about 14.5:1 (they arent called narrow band for nothing!)

A narrow band gauge is useful for monitoriing economy on part throttle, its completely and totally useless for any sort of performance application.

NJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.