Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

how long would it take........

419 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  fluid 
#1 ·
Am seriously considering xe'ing my belmont, now if i did i would have a GTE sitting next to it to transfer straight over including rear axle and front struts and brakes, would i need to modify the h/brake cable or would the gte one fit? would the gte petrol tank fit straight on to my car? anything i need to know before thinking about picking up my tool kit? Anyone done this in a day?? I'm in the process of using the serach button before you start :p just wondered how long it would take with no major problems.

Ps. anyone in the stoke/stone area fancy wiring it in?? :D

Cheers in advance

J

#2 ·
ok so im looking at a weekends work and no need to change the rear axle imediatly then....looking good, only thing im not feeling confident with is the wiring is there a how to on here?? i can't find one :confused: what about car strength? would the ow'd belmont be upto having 150bhp run through it?

Cheers J

#9 ·
ahhh was wondering about exhaust problems....should be able to get that sorted though. Si its a 1.6 L carb engine so gonna need extra fuel line and tank im guessing. Maybe a stupid question but on the wiring side what would be involved? Im guessing most of it goes from the ecu straight to the engine, but what needs to go to the dash apart from ign. live for the ecu? can i keep my standard clocks as i really don't want a digi dash the one in the gsi is bad enough!!

Thanks for your replys guys i know this question probably been asked a million times! :beer:
I'll pm ya Mavv if i decide to go ahead and do it can mince with bicco lmao lmao

Cheers
J

#12 ·
Be aware that the engine looms on the XE's are a slightly different layout depending which car it came from.
An mk2 astra gte 16v has all the connections to the dash,and the fuel relay under the bonnet,all the others have dash connections and fuel relay in the drivers footwell next to the ecu.
So depending where your existing connectors are it may be easier to use one loom or the other.
You only need a few wires to make it run,perm live to the battery,ignition live,earths and the fuel pump.
Then you have the dash connections,rev counter,oil light,water temp etc
And youll be glad to know you dont have to use a digi dash, i also hate digi dashes,they look soooo dated!
Just a set of standard clocks with a rev counter is much better!

I sometimes go down stoke to visit an old friend,so let me know when youre ready for wiring and ill come and sort it out,im an electrician so no probs.
Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.