Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Automatic to manual?

674 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Mark T 
#1 ·
How easy is it to swap an automatic gearbox in a V6 Cavvy for a manual?
And which gearbox would I need?

#4 ·
probably the most awkward job is fitting the clutch pedal box.

the bolts from the bulkead are behind the PAS rack, and even with the rack off it'll be difficult getting in to drill the holes (if they aren't blanked) and bolting up the pedal box.

#5 ·
Cheers guys,

Is the auto box, coming out, any good? I want to upgrade the torque capacity of my auto Astra, so that I can start tuning the engine, so could well be interested in your old auto box.
Haven`t bought the Cavvy yet, the one that i have seen is very good in everyway BUT it`s an auto, which I don`t like, so just wanted to find out how hard the conversion would be, if I end up doing this I`ll let you know.

What gearbox is the right one to replace the auto?

#6 · (Edited)
nexiaaarghhh said:
Cheers guys,

Haven`t bought the Cavvy yet, the one that i have seen is very good in everyway BUT it`s an auto, which I don`t like, so just wanted to find out how hard the conversion would be, if I end up doing this I`ll let you know.

What gearbox is the right one to replace the auto?
F25 on the V6, but other boxes will fit with mods.

#8 ·
sorry to jump the thread im currently building a xe nexia was it straight forward.if you swap your v6 box to manual remember autos have a start inhibitor you need to trace the wires back to your starter and join the two black reds together or it wont start.its dead easy to swap over..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.