Recently got an unbelievable policy, Recommendation.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Recently got an unbelievable policy, Recommendation.

MSG
    MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Calibra Eco 16V 2L

Re: Recently got an unbelievable policy, Recommendation.

hello Mr 8Valve craig, this is HIC insurance, we recently quoted you for your car insurance, I am afraid we made an error as we did not consider your DD40 and we apologies for the mistake and your new premium is 2456.00 third party only, would you like us to spread this over 12 payments with the next payment coming out of your bank on 1st March........

lol, thare is a mistake there mate!

You sure your tounge didn't slip and said you got WD40!!

Compare this to my Micra 1.0L insurance, 3rd party only, car value declared as 350.00, my age twice yours plus add another 8 years, and my NCB extends beyond 15 years, anual mileage less than 3K, I own 2 other cars insured by others, again each one of these has their own NCB at +15 yaers, no accidents, no conviction, DD10 25 yaers ago, and I get cheapest quote at just over 300!

Astra dan is right they probably use a calculator and punch ina few digits and quote you, not on your driving experience but on you post code! Its a farce!
    Last edited by MSG; 26-02-2012 at 16:49.
    I am too old for my Calibra and my Calibra is too old for me! we are both stuck!

2. Remove Advertisements
    MigWeb.co.uk
    Advertisements

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Like it's a hire car

Quote Originally Posted by 8valve-craig View Post

I think they just close their eyes, Push 3 buttons on a calculator, then open them again and tell you thats the best price they can get.
    Or 4 if you're unlucky
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

Drives
    Van

Quote Originally Posted by MSG View Post
    lol, thare is a mistake there mate!.....You sure your tounge didn't slip and said you got WD40!!
    That cant be the problem. Last year when i called they asked if i had any convictions in the last 5 years, which the answer is no. Then upon completion i had to send a photocopy of my paper licence off so i rang them in advance to basically say "Dont freak out but there are DR10 and DD40 on there from 7 years ago" They said its fine and that it would only affect the price if it was within the 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by alistairolsen View Post
    Or 4 if you're unlucky

MSG
    MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Calibra Eco 16V 2L

Aparently, many insurance companies take into consideration DD quite seriously and at least for 10 years, I am glad I have stopped drinking now for about 20 yaers now, only drink on special occasions just to join in, otherwise I found drinking alchole is quite pointless, you can have a chat in pub over glass of orange juice, its pointless drowning your sorrows in a jug of beer!

(Oh well, one time of course I enjoyed drinking, when you could also smoke in pubs freely unlike now the nany state has taken away so much of our freedom to choose)

And its the nany state that made the car insurance compulsery, if I had a choice I would never ever insure any of my cars, and would undertake to repair or comonsate anyone who became a victim of my driving.

I am of the opinion, that if you drive good and safe, you keep your money in your pocket, you drive bad and you pay, you kill someone, you get banned for life, and your property confiscated and you pay the family of the victim half your salary for as long as needed.

Perhaphs we should pay our money in a trust, if no claim is made against you, the funds accumulate, each year you top it up instead of paying insurance, and if you do end up having an accident and a claim is made against you, you componsate the victim from your accumulated funds pool, if after 10 years or 20 years, not much has been claimed from your funds pool, you get all your money back plus interest, as a reward for good and safe driving. Insurance companies and claims culture and solicitors should all be shot with a sheeps poo.
    Last edited by MSG; 26-02-2012 at 21:14.
    I am too old for my Calibra and my Calibra is too old for me! we are both stuck!

Drives
    Van

Funny i was actually talking to a polish aquaintance today and he said over there you simply pay 1/18th of the vehicles value to insure it, and let anyone you want drive it. Just if they crash its your policy they crash on so be careful who you let drive.

Would work well over here that.

MSG
    MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Calibra Eco 16V 2L

when i lived in Kenya, car insurance was not compulsory, if you dented someone's car, you paid or repaired the damage, with bare minimum tag, but because most garages know they can earn a good living from crash repairs, they add in bits that are otherwise perfectly reusable, hence why do you think our insurance has gone through the roof, almost to a point for some who can't even affoard, especially the young drivers who gets quoted like tens of thousands of pounds is beyond a joke, I once took my old cally to a re-sprayer, he asked me if it was an insurance job, and i said no, its private job and I will pay, he declined that because he knew private customers will ask for a better deal and with insurance work, their quotes gets approved even if they are twice what it should be, everyone is at ripping off each others throats, this is modern living in modern Britain.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2