MIGWeb INSURANCE scheme with CHRIS KNOTT :: 0800 917 2274
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: MIGWeb INSURANCE scheme with CHRIS KNOTT :: 0800 917 2274

MIGWeb Trader
    Drives

Re: MIGWeb Insurance Scheme with Chris Knott Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by novaguy08 View Post
    So your saying that you base your claims on the market value of a heavily modified vehicle? Via the autotrader & glases
    No, it's totally the opposite if you read the comment. They take mods into account.
    Chris Knott Insurance – official forum insurance partner
    Please call 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477 - cheaper for mobiles) and QUOTE REF: 921-MIG

2. Remove Advertisements
    MigWeb.co.uk
    Advertisements

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Astra 1.6 16v

Noooo, what i mean tim is that rather then basing your claims on the retail value of the car & then adding the retail value of any modifications to the cost you value it by taking the Glass' guide price & an "average" price for a similarly modified car on Autotrader (of course whilst including the actualy market value of the car in its standard form)

Which in my opinion kinda defeats the objective of an insurance company, one would think that you would pay out for the value of each modification on the basis that modifications could cost a high price retail (EG £900 for a gwo C20LET engine + Cost of fitting & conversion parts tots up to about 1750 guesstimate) the car itself in an average state as seen in the autotrader could come to that alone! So you would pay out based on the Glass' guide price V's Autotrader and the driver would end up with a MASSIVE shortfall?

Best example I could think of is something like this:

Astra GSI with C20LET & T34 Turbo Megajolt, Cage, Bucket seats, Lighweight wheels, Track brakes, Carbon bodywork, (short list) total cost £15'000-- (remeber not exact figures so please chaps no comments on costs ect) All mods declared, insured for correct value based on expenditure.

I would think that an insurance company would pay out based on the vehicles Glass' Guide price & the retail value of all of the modifications done to it, IE £15'000--or thereabouts (remebering that a car depreciates)

However the way that it seems to work here is that it could possibly end up coming to less then £8'000!! thats if you can find something similarly modified!
    Driving: MK3 Astra Sport 1.6 16v "Project Redrum"
    Fixing problems that shouldn't have existed since 1996

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    wife around the

Quote Originally Posted by Tim@ChrisKnott View Post

Re your final point, I have pasted the explanation about total loss claims for modified cars from the Claims Manager at the nsurance company which I trust will satisfy everyone -

When calculating a total loss settlement on a modified vehicle we simply offer the market value and make a positive or negative allowance for the mods. Similar to a standard calculation we would :
    • Cross check Glass's guide to the standard spec - allowing for mileage
    • Take into consideration service history,number of owners any pre existing cosmetic damage (if known)
    • Cross check Auto trader for any similar modified examples.
    • Pitch a value that reflects desiribilty in mind of fitted body kit,alloy wheels,engine changes and cosmetic changes to interior,exterior fittings and paint.
    • We would not simply calculate quantum by taking the retail adjusted figure and add the total expenditure of Modifications in line with receipts.
    Each car is different so the logical approach is to view each vehicle on its merits. On difficult cases the claims department seeks advice via a qualified engineer (field or inhouse) before committing to offer. It often proves very difficult to agree to settle on such cases and as a result modified vehicles tend to be settled by experienced and technical adjusters

I hope this information helps in some way.

all of the above said does not change the fact that you cannot insure a modded vehical for 10k because thats what its worth.
    ''THE REAL ROB''

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Abarth 500, chavsport 120

also why hasnt sbd1vastra been "moderated" like I was for HONEST comments......hmmm
    http://slindborg.hostei.com/ Gearbox calc, Top speed, compression ratio, engine capacity, 1.4 tuning guide, Wheel offset calculator
    Fixed broken gearbox calc :)

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Audi A3 07 170 DSG

I think he's been stopped from moderating his replies, I'll re-instate yours.

MIGWeb Trader
    Drives

To be honest, if you have a high value car & want Agreed Value, then it's best not to call us.

Please call 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477 - cheaper for mobiles) and QUOTE REF: 921-MIG

MIGWeb Trader
    Drives

Hi
    Just to let you know that I'm out of the office next week (20-24 July) & 24-28 August so if I'm a little tardy in replying, you'll know why!

Please continue to post your experiences on here. We've had a great year so far, taken on more staff - twice now (!) - and streamlined our system to cope better so it's good that we can help you!

One club actually complained that we had so much positive feedback/testimonials on our email, that it took them ages to open it!!!

When ringing for an insurance quote, please don't forget to quote the club name and/or reference number found either in my signature or in the original post of this thread.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Without Due Care

Quote Originally Posted by Tim@ChrisKnott View Post
    Hi
    Just to let you know that I'm out of the office next week (20-24 July) & 24-28 August so if I'm a little tardy in replying, you'll know why!

Please continue to post your experiences on here. We've had a great year so far, taken on more staff - twice now (!) - and streamlined our system to cope better so it's good that we can help you!

One club actually complained that we had so much positive feedback/testimonials on our email, that it took them ages to open it!!!

When ringing for an insurance quote, please don't forget to quote the club name and/or reference number found either in my signature or in the original post of this thread.

you couldnt be my best quoute when i called a few days ago, nearly £700 more
    ///

MIGWeb Trader
    Drives

Quote Originally Posted by doge5644 View Post
    you couldnt be my best quoute when i called a few days ago, nearly £700 more
    To be honest, if our quote was that much more, it seems it wasn't quoted on the scheme. Maybe it didn't fit the parameters required?

Feel free to pm brief details & i should be able to judge from that.

Tim
    Chris Knott Insurance - official MIGWEB insurance scheme - QUOTE REF 921 WHEN RINGING
    0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961 (cheaper if phoning by mobile)

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Without Due Care

what details should i pm? i guess the quote must still be in your systems aswell.
    ///

MIGWeb Trader
    Drives

Quote Originally Posted by doge5644 View Post
    what details should i pm? i guess the quote must still be in your systems aswell.
    I'm working from home today so i can't check.

Just postcode, parking,age,NCB,car, your price for now.

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Without Due Care

ok i'll pm you,
    ///

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Locost 7 Kit Car

Wow, what a waste of time it was ringing you lot!

"we can't quote cars with the backseats removed, or a rollcage"
    Getting Married? 2007bc Photography is a West Yorkshire Wedding Photographer
    Wedding Photographer packages starting at just £500!!

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    A Slow Corsa

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Wow, what a waste of time it was ringing you lot!

"we can't quote cars with the backseats removed, or a rollcage"

well thats saved me having to ring up for when i need cover for mine then

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    hitler's taxi

Quote Originally Posted by Ste L View Post
    well thats saved me having to ring up for when i need cover for mine then
    ditto
    Signature not as cool as Paul's

MIGWeb Trader
    Drives

Sorry we don't do cages due to a bad claims history involving cars with ones fitted.

MIGWeb User
    Drives

ill join up as a paid member soon anyways ive only just signed up myself so im just exploring :P this looks promising, im not that bothered with insurance as long as its as cheap as absolutely possible and gives me a lil peice of paper that keeps the feddos happy, i always repair anything on my car by my own means anyways i only get insured coz i have to! so bare minimum insurance FTW

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Land Rovers

Well i rung up for a quote on the Audi, but i was allowed the discount as im a member here. Not the cheapest, about £40 more than the cheapest, but covers a lot more so im very impressed. Just waiting on the email so i can read through it all but it looks good so far....
    Unfortunately they wont cover my caddy van but ive had good quotes on that elsewhere anyway....
    DRIZZ
    DEVELOPMENTS

W28KYM

aww i thought you could do a quote online

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    Corsa1.2 & Fiesta 1.6TDCI

Quote Originally Posted by W28KYM View Post
    aww i thought you could do a quote online
    No unfortunately, I just had a quick look at the website to see if that is possible.

Tim - I will probably be in touch sometime this week as the insurance runs out on the Omega at the end of this month, one question though - does the premium go up if you tow a caravan at all? Thanks, John
    Corsa C12 NZ 1995 and Octavia Estate 1.9TDI 2002

MIGWeb Trader
    Drives

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCDX View Post
    No unfortunately, I just had a quick look at the website to see if that is possible.

Tim - I will probably be in touch sometime this week as the insurance runs out on the Omega at the end of this month, one question though - does the premium go up if you tow a caravan at all? Thanks, John
    Hi John
    No, no difference if towing.

MIGWeb Trader
    Drives

IT'S WORTH RINGING US BECAUSE........

Well, after my post about August being the second busiest month of the year for car insurance renewals, we have in the last week recorded our BEST EVER income regarding providing insurance for forum users (and their families). That's in 26 years!

If your renewal is due in the next 21 days, please don't hesitate to give us a call on 0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961 if calling by mobile and PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO QUOTE THE CLUB NAME & REFERENCE NUMBER found in either my signature or my original post introducing the scheme!

Don't forget to check out the original thread stating minimum ages, etc, for the scheme.

Tim
    Chris Knott Insurance - official MIGWEB insurance scheme - QUOTE REF 921 WHEN RINGING

MIGWeb User
    Drives
    306 hdi

dob 17/02
    s983 sya
    1.4 16v corsa sport.
    Car valued at £300
    No chance? I pay 2100 TPFT atm with quinn
    BD24 Postcode

MIGWeb Trader
    Drives

Please don't forget to ring us if you have received your car insurance renewal through.

People insuring with us in the first 6 months of this year made an average recorded saving of £60.02 off their BEST quote.

In July, we had our 3rd best month ever in 26 years of trading.

Earlier this month, we recorded our best ever weekly figures from the forums.

We have taken on more staff to cope with demand.

This scheme has been set up for you as a community so we can provide the discounts on your other cars as well!

Please ring 0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961 if ringing by mobile, and don't forget to mention the club name/reference number.

Tim

MIGWeb Trader
    Drives

NEW IDEA!!!!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK?
    We are looking at launching a system whereby, to get a quote from us, you have the option of sending your details by email to us and then we will contact you with the quote.
    This would also assist those who can't get ring us during working hours or those who would just prefer to correspond through the forum.
    My question is would this be helpful to you?
    I'd appreciate your comments.

Tim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast