Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Breaking Astra GTE with Red Top

1K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  Chris .C 
#1 ·
I'm currently breaking an Astra GTE with 2L DOHC Red Top engine due to poor bodywork. The engine is avaiable with all ancilliaries as is the gearbox and driveshafts.

The bonnet (vented) and tailgate (with spoiler) are in good condition and are dark metallic purple in colour. Bumpers are up for grabs too.

There is also a digi-dash...

If you are interested in anything from this car then e-mail me with a sensible offer at:

betyouaint@ntlworld.com

If you post here you may not get a reply...!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Still got most of this car left. I dropped the engine and gearbox out yesterday but everything else is for sale (maybe even the engine/gearbox at the right price). I'm not after a fortune for the bits, just enough to make it worth my while actually removing them from the car. If nobody buys soon I may just have to tow it to a layby and torch it... ;)

#3 ·
BTW I'm in Carterton, Oxfordshire near RAF Brize Norton...

#8 ·
Engine has done 120k but no problems at all. The head was done about a year ago. I was going to put it in a spare Calibra shell. Just make me a fair offer as I normally deal with C20LETs and am unsure of the price of these things.

I'll check the paint code out and let you know ASAP

#9 ·
This might sound like a petty request but I need the locking rods that go from the door pins to the motor in BOTH doors.
(Basically I have had the rods and pins removed and I want to put them back in by Vauxhall have discontinued the parts as usual).
How much do you want?

#10 ·
Paint code is E544

As for the locking rods, if you send me an exact description/picture of the items you need then I'll try to sort you out. Say £5 to cover P&P..?

I've decide to sell the engine now as I'm going to use my spare LET for my other Calibra shell. It's covered 120k but had the head repaired not too long ago. It comes with all ancilliaries and gearbox...

£350... ono...? Must be able to collect.

#15 ·
if its not tom i have an unmarked white one which you can have for £10
TOM: Well I suppose you better buy this one then as it's cheaper than mine.

DAMON: But can I just say that next time you want to sell something do so in your own post instead of hijacking someone else's and undercutting them... Not nice mate :(

I need the ECU it must have FP stamped on it any chance ?
Sorry but I need to keep the ECU with the engine.

#17 · (Edited)
Cheers Tom... it's for sale at £20 if you want it. It just bugs me when folk do that. Nothing to do with you I know... ;)

I'm on nights Sunday and Monday so I'm sure we can sort out a reasonable time. Sunday might be best for me though...

#20 ·
Mick u still got that engine and gearbox for sale and if so what part of the country do u live in.
Still got it all... I live about 20 miles west of Oxford just off the A40

hi are the front indicators the original ones with the lines running from top to bottom and not the cheap seconds going around if so would be interested in buying both
I think so...? They are the clear ones. I know the one on the passenger side has a small piece broken off the top edge but it's not something you can really see as it's hidden by bodywork. Name a fair price and add a few quid for P&P.

You can e-mail me at betyouaint@ntlworld.com

#22 ·
Make it £250 and it's all yours..? Problem is I'll be working Saturday and Sunday although I will be available any time Tuesday to Friday this week..

#25 ·
I suppose that comes under "ono" ;)

Whats the engine and box like mick they running ok.
Both fine... I drove the car around for a while before breaking it. The only thing that let it all down was the bodywork which was very poor on the doors and wings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.