Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Bonnet lifters (struts, whatever you call 'em)

10K views 382 replies 46 participants last post by  lee may 
#1 ·
If I can get an order together for 10 pairs of Cav (or whatever else the Cav ones fit - Mk3 Astras etc.) bonnet lifters, I can do them £20 a pair (plus £2.50 p&p, or collect from me)..
They are INXX ones (think they're the same as the ones PVD sell for £34.95)
Kirsty and myself both have these on our Cavs already and have no problems with them at all.

Got 2 orders already, another 8 required (if I manage 10 names, I'll require a 50% deposit before I will order them).....

Once I have the required 10 (or more) I'll double check they are available for this price and do a definite order then.

#378 ·
Starrwarp said:
I'm having a mare with mine onto the cav mk3, has anyone got any pics sorted yet so I can have a look how other miggers have fitted theirs?
Mate... I know the instructions are in German, but the pics do a pretty good job iirc.
From memory, you need to take out the top bonnet hinge bolt (with the bonnet in its raised position) and the 4th bolt (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) from the wing.
Screw the self-tapper into the wing, and the bolt into the bonnet hinge..

G
#383 ·
Just fitted my nova ones.

Wing ones go inbetween bolt 3 and 4 from the back, If you feel under where the bolt would come out you can feel a hole that hasnt been used.
I then used the bolts and got some nuts that fitted them and fitted them to the wing.

The hinge one I used the hole that is allready there and used the bolt and some nuts hat fitted them again but spaced the bolt side out using 3 washers to move the bolt head towards the wing.

Thats it, push the lifters on and fit the clips.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.