Hi-Spec Billet 4 Pot,300mm Brakes

2K views 38 replies 7 participants last post by  andyb 
#1 · (Edited)
Big Front Disc Brake Conversion With,
Hi-Spec 300mm x 28mm Grooved and X-drilled Vented Rotors,
Hi-Spec Billet 4 Pot Calipers,
Recent Green Stuff Pads
Aluminium Bells,
Aluminium Adapter Brackets and All Fixings.

I have 2 sets of Aluminium 5 Stud Hubs and 2 Pairs of warped Rotors at the moment, Hi-Spec are going to skim the rotors for me and say this toughens them and should'nt warp again.

I am after £450 for the complete setup or slightly less for exchange with Standard Cavalier Turbo Brake Setup.

PM or email me at andybnova@hotmail.com

#2 ·
andyb said:
Big Front Disc Brake Conversion With,
Hi-Spec 300mm x 28mm Grooved and X-drilled Vented Rotors,
Hi-Spec Billet 4 Pot Calipers,
Recent Green Stuff Pads
Aluminium Bells,
Aluminium Adapter Brackets and All Fixings.

Unfortunately the rotors are warped, I have 2 sets of Aluminium 5 Stud Hubs and 2 Pairs of warped Rotors, I believe these can be skimmed or are available from Hi-Spec.

I am after £450 for the complete setup or slightly less for exchange with Standard Cavalier Turbo Brake Setup.

PM or email me at andybnova@hotmail.com
have the two pairs of warped rotors been on a cav turbo
? i take it that you had a second pair thinking the first were faulty but now the second pair have done same ,were they hispec rotors and if so do you think there is a quality issue?

#4 ·
I brought the car with the brakes on, they were already warped slightly.. I brought another set from Hi-spec after much confusion due to them changed the PCD of the bolt holes for the rotor to bell bolts...

These Rotors warped again within 4-5 months, I use the car every day, stop start in traffic and don't really give them much stick. So i'm not sure what the problem is...

#5 ·
andyb said:
I brought the car with the brakes on, they were already warped slightly.. I brought another set from Hi-spec after much confusion due to them changed the PCD of the bolt holes for the rotor to bell bolts...

These Rotors warped again within 4-5 months, I use the car every day, stop start in traffic and don't really give them much stick. So i'm not sure what the problem is...
have you had it out with hi-spec if not i would check it out for you if you give me the receipt details (date you got em)

#12 ·
mk2novakid said:
how much would u take for em with postage?
wot size wheels u runnin?
are they warped bad?

cheers
steve
Postage would be about £10, so would have to be £460.

I am running them behind 17" alessio's, There are 2 pairs of rotors that are warped, i have been told that they can be skimmed..

#13 ·
turbo matt said:
sorry not to good with this sort of stuff

what exactly would i need to get with these so i could put them on my cav t have you any pics of them
You would need to get some new rotors (disks) from Hi-spec, I will supply with the warped rotors 2 set of bells.

I will sort some pics of them out in a bit, need to find them on my pc.

Cheers Andy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.