Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

hellp!!!

798 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  rstone 
#1 ·
ok ive just bought an astra 1.4I mk3 l reg and i have the standard radio but every bloody time i bput it on all as it does is say safe what do i dooooo someone said i need it decoding if i do does n e one know n e where in wigan st helens ormskirk who can do it or if n e of u lot could do it for me i cant put up with much more silence its true it is deadly honestly it drives me mad pleeaaasseeee reply

#2 · (Edited)
Hello mate,

You should have got a little red card in the manual for the car that has the code on it. I had the same problem as you and just took the radio out and went to a car stereo shop. It took them about 5 minutes to put a new code in and tell me what it was. It cost about £10 I think. Alternatively, if you are really stuck you could take the radio to Vauxhall and they will send it away and charge you nearer £30 for decoding it.

BTW, I was once told that you could decode some of the Vauxhall radio's by leaving them in the freezer overnight. I've not tried this so can't comment on whether it would work though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.