Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Can't get my sterio to work - please help experts!!!!

460 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Ben H 
#1 ·
Hi,

Ive recently just brought a panasonic cd player off a mate. Ive go a 93 cav and took out the original sterio and cage from the car last ngt. I got an adapter block from Halfords for my car cut one end off to expose the loose wires. Ive joined everything up with bullet connectors and checked all the connections. The sterio comes on and the display and everything works but no sound at all. The only thing i haven't plugged in yet is the aerial wire coz i need a little adaptor which I'll get today. Does anyone have any ideas what it might be.

PS: There is a brown wire remaining, coming out from the sterio which i haven't wired to anything but there is not a brown wire on the halford block so i assume its not important. Ive fitted loads of sterios b4 and have never had this problem!! Please help!!!

#3 ·
Coz the cd player is an older model u can't just slide the block from halfords into the back of it like u can with newer ones. It has the wires loose coming out of the back of the head unit. I have therefore chopped the block at one end to connect to the cd player. The block from the car i have left untouched. I have done this b4 with my cally and my astra gsi and it was fine but this is a different head unit to what i was using with in them. What did u mean about the live wire being the wrong way round? It can't be a wiring fault with the speakers can it coz u would still get sound only it would be coming out of the wrong speakers.

#6 ·
Right, it sounds like you're powered up ok.
Does the stereo have a flip down front style fascia & if so it should have quite a big screen & some sort of equaliser that bounces about on the screen.
If you put a cd in & turn the volume up does anything equaliser wise happen? i.e does it start bouncing around?

The earlier ones did suffer from a component going down which caused this symptom along with having no audio.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.