Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

big 1 or 2 channel amp

384 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Car Zone 
#1 ·
I've just got rig of my old two 12"'s from my car and have fitted a 15" atomic instead. Its rated at 1000w (rms) and about 2500w (peak). I've been using an alpine v12 600w (t707) for a couple of days which runs it ok but has not got the power to push it hard. Anyone know any powerful amp's on a bit of a budget or secondhand. It only needs to power the sub as I have seperate amp's for all the components and 6x9's.
I've been running the sub bridged to get every last bit of power out.

Cheers :beer: :beer: :beer:

#2 ·
How about a Resonant Engineering RE35-1D, it's a mono amp, and it gives out 1100w RMS @ 2ohm and 1500w RMS @ 1 ohm, and it costs £350.00. I use this amp in my company demo vehicle, very good value. I am guessing your sub is a DVC? If not this amp might not be what your looking for.

Paul

#5 ·
Is it a single voice coil 2ohm or 4ohm?

The reason I ask is most mono amps are made to perform best with 2ohm or 1 ohm loads. So if it's a 4ohm SVC you will be best looking for a 2 channel amp that is 4ohm when bridged.

I think this one would do the job nicely....

Rockford Fosgate Punch 801S
2 x 200W RMS (4 ohm)
2 x 400W RMS (2 ohm)
1 x 800W RMS (4 ohm)

Price (Inc. VAT & Carriage): £419.99

The price shown is from Car Audio Direct

Rockfords amps are always under rated too, so I would be surprised if that amp isn't closer to 1000W RMS when bridged.

But if it's a 2ohm SVC the Resonant Engineering one I mentioned above would be great.

Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.