Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Cheap ICE?

522 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Car Zone 
#1 ·
I'm looking to get a decent ICE install and was wondering if anyone had any ideas where's the best place to go/speak to.

I did consider importing a unit from the States but I'm not too keen on losing RDS/EON (and potentially no warranty).

#2 ·
u pay for what u get with ice mate, dont economise, get the right thing first time. took me a long time to learn that, now i have a system i can shoutas loud as i can but the person sitting next to me cant hear..... its great for arguments lmao but its crystal clear too :) even er indoors cant get over that kind of volume :D

gav.

#3 ·
What would you recommend mate? Alpine seems like the obvious answer, but I don't want/need anything too o.t.t.

Ideally I'm looking to get the following:

- Headunit
- Mids (front)
- Tweeters (front)
- 6x9s (back)
- Amp (for 6x9s)

maybe a sub + amp ...

#4 · (Edited)
i take it u dont want bass then, sounds ok for a sq (sound quality) system. a rockford fosqake amp i would recomend to drive ur system, as for mids yet again i'd go for rockford nigh on $180 from the shops for em (look on the internet as most places over here wont be able to match em).

6x9's... never really used em, if any thing look for a sub or two and run the front end too via some filters.

1 amp, a set of mids and tweeters, and a couple of subs. all from rockford, no need for anything else. sit back and enjoy :D

it wont be cheap, buyt u wont need to upgrade again.

gav.

#7 ·
Go with what has been said mate, use an amp to power a sub and some front components, I prefer to use a dedicated sub amp myself, but this way is good.

You won't have to worry about the people in the back hearing the speakers as if you amp them up and give them enough power they will fill the car nicely.

Rockford is a good brand, but if you buy from abroad you will have no come back on it, ie no warranty like you stated yourself. I would pay the little bit extra for piece of mind matey. There again I would say that I'm a Rockford Fosgate dealer myself lmao

What budget you working on mate? This might help us to give you an idea of whats best to go for. As theres no point me recommending a system like the one I'm doing in mine if you are only looking to spend a few hundred quid.

Paul

#10 ·
500 is fine, you will get a sub amp and speakers no problem. I've done a set-up by Maystar, consisting of 2 amps, a set of components and a sub for under 300 quid, and that sound pretty damn good for the money. You have a little more than that to play with, so have a good look around at what offers are floating around.

If you want it installing you will be looking at paying quite a lot, unless you can get someone to help you. I would do it with you in my spare time, but your a bit far from my neck of the woods.

Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.