Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

2 Subs off 1 Mono Amp

530 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  NickGSI 
#1 ·
Looking at this amp to run my Sub's they're 2 12" JBLGTO3's. will it work and if so how do i do it don't i have to wire them in series or something? Any help would be much aprechiated. Thanks Nick

This is all i can get for the spec so far if it's any help

SON-XMD1000P5
D-Class 'Pentagon' mono amplifier. 1600W max power at 2 ohm, 1000W at 4 ohm

See less See more
#4 ·
Well it depends on the impedance of the subs and the power ratings of the subs, what are the specs on those?

If the subs are 4ohm each then run em parallel to get the 2ohm load for the amp so you get the 1600w which could realistically be anything from 400-800rms. If this is happy power for the subs then go for it, if the subs are of a diff impedance to 4ohm it may not be so suitable, really need the sub specs.

Nice looking amp BTW. I think. Different certainly.

#6 ·
The spec of the subs is -

Power Handling (Peak) - 1800w
Power Handling (RMS) - 225w
Freq Resp - 32Hz - 3kHz
Normal Impedance - 4 Ohms
Sensetivity (2.83V/1m) - 89dB
Voice Coil Diameter - 50mm
Cut - Out Diameter - 281mm
Mounting Depth - 155mm

Cheers Nick :D Hope That Helps

#7 ·
Seems that they are single VC so that helps, 4 ohm is good cos as said above go parallel to get the most from the amps, even if the sony runs 800rms (unlikely) JBL's will handle extra power well if boxed properly and you can always keep the gains down a bit anyway if theres too much power.

Sounds like a good combo mate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.