Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Pioneer Deh-4000ub Help

906 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Steveocee 
#1 ·
HI,

Was just wondering how to get a constant live?

My unit works perfect but when i take out the key the unit goes off and resets back to all Standard settings, i was advised to get a contant live which will solve the problem?

I have a Mk4 Astra.

I was also advised to do this i just need to make an extra red cable link and connect it the yellow as well as yellow > yellow??

Any Ideas?

Thanks

#2 ·
Does the stereo work without the ignition on?

If so, the power and memory wires are the wrong way round. You could swap wires around, but I'm not sure if they are the same as earlier Vauxhalls e.g Cav and Cally as they are the only two I have played with and have knowledge of.

Your easiest bet is to buy an ISO adaptor, this automatically swaps all relevant wires for you. :)

Ebay could be your friend.

#3 ·
Just swap the red and yellow cables over using the bullet connectors mate, will sort your problem in one.

The radio wont work with ignition off anyway as if the cables are the wrong way round, it wouldnt have a permanent live and buying an adapter loom is pointless as the pioneer loom has bullets on the pioneer loom anyway to make life easier doing this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.