Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Swapping 300 for CDR 500

544 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  cyruskint 
#1 ·
1997 Astra. Direct swap and sounds great....however.... although it plays Cds and radio tunes, etc., the display (centre of three part display that shows date when ICE is off) goes out when power switch pressed. Local Vaux dealer tells me that the display needs to be told to deal with the 500, using the units' keys - but how?? :doh: Your assistance, please!

#2 · (Edited)
It could be that the radio is set up for 10 or 8 digit (whichever is the opposite to yours). With the ignition on and the radio off, hold down buttons 3 + 5. The display will show either DISPLAY 8 or DISPLAY 10. Keep holding them and it will toggle to the other. Release buttons and switch off and back on again.

I've edited because I previously said buttons 4 + 6, which I think is for another model, but I gess you could try those if the above fails!

#3 ·
It could be that the radio is set up for 10 or 8 digit (whichever is the opposite to yours). With the ignition on and the radio off, hold down buttons 3 + 5. The display will show either DISPLAY 8 or DISPLAY 10. Keep holding them and it will toggle to the other. Release buttons and switch off and back on again.

I've edited because I previously said buttons 4 + 6, which I think is for another model, but I gess you could try those if the above fails!
Big by name - Big by nature! Thanks Dave, just the ticket. All working fine now.
Many thanks! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.