Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

MK5 Astra Head Unit

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Orbital 
#1 ·
I've just fitted an after market head unit to my van all works fine but the head unit goes off as soon as the ignition engine off. Is there any way to make it like the MK4 astra where it would turn off when key was removed.

Cheers
Lee.

#3 ·
On some (certainly on mine) there is an accessory live taped to the loom behind the 12v outlet (possibly for the cigar lighter option?). I'm told by autoleads that this isn't on the list of no-go areas for the Astra MK5.

The only reccommended safe place to pull an accessory live from, according to Vauxhall and autoleads, is to tap the black wire going to the hazard switch, which isn't monitored so won't cause a fault.

#8 ·
I've pulled the live from the hazard switch on mine oh well seems if I just want the stereo on I have to have the ignition on with everything like glow plugs primed a bit stupid but oh well.
Also another thing on the MK4 the dash would only light up when headlights are on can i make the MK5 the same?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.