Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

cavalier stereo wiring

525 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  ChazSxi 
#1 ·
just picked up a new cav, she has a goodmans cd player in it. works fine but i have to turn it on everytime.

now when i open the door its goes off :S lol also so does the clock n temp!

how can i fix this?

took stereo out to swap round red n yellow. but i cant see a yellow ignition. only the red perm live!

HELP!

#4 ·
suggest you take a breather before you start swapping wires over mate.

on the rear of the headunit there is an ISO loom, one end of this loom fits into the headunit, the other end should have two ISO connector blocks attached, one supplies your speakers, one supplies your headunits power connections.

it is on the above loom you alter the wiring, not on the cars loom. there should be a red wire with a bullet connector & also a yellow wire with a bullet connector, to alter the wiring so the headunits memory function works you should split these bullet connectors and connect them back up crossed,(red to yellow & yellow to red).

if you switch wires around on the vaux audio loom you will cause problems in other areas of the dash,(assuming you don't blow fuses).

#7 ·
i have 4 wires...
red.....................ACC
black..................GROUND
orange................BACKUP B+
white/orange........AUTOANT

no yellow. and i cant check the manual cos i dont have one :(

they orange and black go into some kind of little box. which has a 15 amp fuse in it!

still cant work out why it turns off when i open the door mind! lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.