Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

clifford alarm lost its arm/disarm chirp

8K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  show n shine 
#1 ·
I have a clifford concept 300 and it used to chirp once when it was disarmed, and twice when it was armed, but it has suddenly stopped doing this, any idea why?

#5 ·
Valet mode only lasts until the car is started again.

I take it the siren still goes off when the alarm is triggered? if so the battery in the siren is probably screwed, and you will need to purchase a new siren
You can buy replacement batteries but they are a chew to fit. I did them on the wife's corsa and the chirps sometimes chirp and the siren never works!! lmao

#6 ·
It is a user feature to turn off or on the chirps. Read your user manual or download it (do a search on mig as there is a link) and turn it on again.

IIRC if the siren battery is screwed it will still chirp as it uses the car battery (unless disconected).

And those above are right about valet mode.

Does seem to all point at you turning the chirps off.

#7 ·
I have tried the settings, and it still doesnt chirp. I never adjusted the settings at all, and one day it suddenely stopped, and i looked how to turn the chirp on, tried it and that didnt work either. Yes the siren does still sound when the alarm is triggered, so does the chirp not work off the car's batterey then, and where abouts are these fuses in the steering column, and what are they connected to. Thanks

#8 ·
The only other thing i have noticed, is that when i first bought the car everytime i went to start the engine i had to press the star button on the remote followed by the lock/unlock door button, to disable the immobiliser, this was done while the ignition was on. Now however when i unlock the car i can start it straigh away without having to disable the immobiliser, but that is only if i start the car as soon as i open the doors, if i wait 20 seconds then it reactivates the immobiliser. but again i havent adjusted anything on the car for this to happen

#10 ·
and i am guessing this is located in the siren itself, but it is tricky to change

#12 ·
For United Kingdom residents only:

Following are instructions for exchanging your defective Clifford product for a replacement unit. We recommend that you first attempt to exchange defective product at the dealer where you purchased it; this is usually the fastest way to get a replacement. For Directed products that were installed in your vehicle by a Directed authorised retailer, you MUST contact the installing retailer for a replacement, and it must be re-installed by professionals per the stated warranty terms.

For specific terms of coverage and other warranty terms, please refer to your Owner’s Guide. Copies of the Guides can also be found online in our Product Guides section.
Your product warranty starts on the date that you purchased the product, so a copy of your store receipt with the purchase date must be provided upon return of any defective product.
Per the stated warranty terms that you received with your product, Directed may repair your defective product, or exchange it with a new or factory refurbished equivalent at Directed's option.
Your product warranty is voided if the product is damaged through negligence, misuse, or mishandling, or if any bar-coded labels are removed from the product.
Directed will return your original defect to you at your expense if it is not covered by the terms of the warranty.

#13 ·
cool cheers, i will locate a local dealer, as the prevoius owner had the alarm fitted, so not sure where it was done, not local to me anyway

#15 ·
how much is it to change then

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.