Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

clifford alarm

2K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  NOVA? 
#1 ·
hi there,
on my mk3 gsi, ive got a clifford concept 50x alarm fitted. Which is quite good but it locks the doors when i turn the ignition, and living in a part of wales where car crime is unheard of nearly its not needed, so as i dont have keyholes in the doors if i leave the engine running and jump out for something if the door closes im screwed. How can i keep the alarm but stop this problem can i diconect that certain part in any way??

#6 ·
following notes

1> You can turn Auto-arming off, will check (if its the same as a 300)
2> If you put the car in Valet mode it chould not lock
3> I DONT think it will lock in this circumstance, i think it will only lock when you first start the car and get in, doesnt check to see if the doors are open when engine is running (proove this by keeping the windows open and see if it locks
4> you aint supposed to keep a car engine running without supervision.
p.s. (if your car gets stolen with the engine running, you wont get paid ! :doh: :doh: )

#8 ·
hi mate,
checked the manual,

1> you chould be able to turn the auto arming off, I only have access to a C300 book, so it may be different for yours, contact Clifford "clifford.com" or "clifford.co.uk" and you should be able to get a manual online

2> Valet mode is where you can set the car so that somone can clean the car etc without you having to give them the keys and the lock the car, it will auto-immobilise but sensors are off. usually put key in ignition, turn on and off quickly then this should do it, also you can press 2 buttons (can remember which) which does the same thing.

BUT it comes out of valet mode as soon as you start the car or arm/disarm the car

3> re auto locking, the alarm should not try and lock the doors, once they have already been locked once.

you best off, when parking turn igigon on/off to put into valet mode, cars is immobilised but not aremed, go and pay for petrol, then get back in.

leaving you car running while your away ,wont do you know favours with either the old bill or your insurance company.

HTH

#9 ·
Thats the 'anti hi-jack' feature. Easily turned off by knowing your valet code (code you put in to disable and program the alarm)

Have a look on the Clifford site for the manual and take it from there. :)

#21 ·
Your wrong. Clifford alarms are far the the best alarms availabe in the uk market. We are authorised dealers for all major alarm manufacturers but on our own cars only install Clifford or Viper (clifford's older brother). People fitting clifford alarms that are not authorised or are not VSIB approved give clifford a bad name.

Let me correct something that Clifford DO NOT fit alarms for the public and if you hear people saying that they are clifford then they are full of crap. Just call directed electronics (they own clifford) and they will tell you the same.

www.motorguarduk.co.uk

#27 ·
Oh and loads of people dont even bother to read there manuals or ask the guys to demonstarte the alarm.

if you dont know or have your code, whats the point ?

Gawd, some people are really unbelievable

Spend sh1t loads of money on ya car, have all the top k=notch hifi gear, then go out and spend peanuts on some monkey to fit a MOSS alarm or unauthorised pillock to fit there Clifford, and dont even bother to read the manual !

give me a break !

#28 ·
concept 600 fitted to my car when i brought it the guy i got it off hadnt a clue how it worked apart from press button doors unlock press again doors lock.
so answer is rip dash out work out make and model download manual get valet code set it to do what I want it to do more than happy WILL have the same or clifford equivelent model fitted to future cars

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.